American Sign Language Instructor
Kirkwood Community College is seeking an Instructor, American Sign Language who will be responsible for effectively teaching 16 credit hours of ASL course work per semester. Must evaluate, record, and report student achievement and progress in assigned courses in accordance with department, division, and college policies and procedures. Must be able to design and participate in assessment of student learning projects within the discipline, the department, and the college.
- · Effectively organize, prepare, and teach assigned courses in accordance with established syllabi.
- · Prepare and maintain accurate course syllabi and course handouts for each course taught.
- · Evaluate and record student performance/achievement on a regular basis and provide students with timely feedback.
- · Participate in student learning assessment projects.
- · Maintain established office hours and meet with students as necessary.
- · Collaborate in the development, assessment, and revision of curriculum.
- · Provide leadership and support for adjunct faculty teaching ASL courses.
- · Participate in the development and/or execution of departmental tasks and projects in the area of instruction or instructional support.
- · Regularly engage in professional development activities and actively seek information about developing trends and ideas.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- · Master’s degree from an accredited institution in American Sign Language or a related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- · Successful teaching experience in higher education
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- · Doctorate
- · Successful teaching experience at a community college.
To review the full job description and apply online, please visit www.kirkwood.edu/employment. Employment offer contingent upon satisfactory results of a criminal background check. Kirkwood welcomes, values, and nurtures people of all backgrounds perspectives, and experiences as well as supports and promotes an environment that accepts differences. AA/EEO employer.